Our Core Values
1. Dove Creek is a believers’ church where membership consists of those who have a personal faith in Jesus Christ. Membership requires commitment to sound doctrine as expressed in our Statement of Faith. However, a person is not excluded from membership because he or she does not agree on every fine point of doctrine. At Dove Creek there is allowance for legitimate differences of understanding in some areas of doctrine.
2. Dove Creek is committed to the inerrancy and authority of the Bible and the essentials of the gospel. We have deep convictions based on the authority of God’s Word, but we do not draw battle lines over minor points. Nor do we make minor issues of doctrine a test of fellowship in our church. We are evangelical. We believe in separated living and personal holiness, but we are not separatists.
3. Dove Creek embraces a humble orthodoxy in partnership with others of like faith. We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church so we join with other Christians and other denominations of like, precious faith in common goals and ministries to accomplish the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. Our foremost concern is unity of spirit with our Lord, with each other and with other Christians.
4. Dove Creek believes in Christian freedom with responsibility. We believe in Christian liberty, but freedom always has its limitations. Responsible Christians do not abuse freedom. The apostle Paul wrote forcefully about Christian liberty in the Book of Galatians. He shattered the legalists with the doctrine of grace. But in First and Second Corinthians and Romans, the apostle also rebuked believers when liberty was abused. We believe our main responsibility is our response to His ability. People can only be responsible, godly men, women and young people when they live in complete dependence upon the Holy Spirit to express the life of Christ in and through them. In our opinion, it’s not about trying harder to do things for Christ it’s about trusting more for Christ to do things through you.
5. Dove Creek believes in both the rational and relational, i.e. the head and the heart, dimensions of Christianity. We believe the Scriptures must be applied to our individual lives with warmth of heart, warmth of message and warmth of concern. We believe it is essential to have solid, biblical content in our doctrinal understanding of faith, but it is equally important to have a dynamic, vital relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ the Son and to live by the power of the Holy Spirit. Sound Christian doctrine must be coupled with dynamic Christian experience. Ours is a ministry of love and spiritual reconciliation.
The Mission of Dove Creek Bible Church is…
• To know the love of Christ as we grow in grace
• To show our faith in Christ as we serve in love
• To sow the hope of Christ as we minister to others